AMD Catalyst 14.11.1 Beta Drivers Now Available
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
The latest AMD Catalyst beta drivers are finally here. The updated software suite brings a small wave of features that update your system for two of the biggest game releases of the season; Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Assassin’s Creed Unity.
Neither the new Call of Duty or Assassin’s Creed come with support for less than 4GB of system memory, or Windows XP. In fact, this update itself on supports those with 64-bit Windows 8.1 (update 1), Windows 7 and Windows Vista based systems. This is generally the majority of users these days, but there has certainly been a bigger shift recently at pushing out support for older systems.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare performance optimizations
- Assassin’s Creed Unity performance optimizations
- Occasional stuttering in Assassin’s Creed Unity in CrossFire mode under specific game settings
- Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire mode
- Quad CrossFire AMD Radeon R9 295X2 may sometimes black screen when loading a game in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- AMD Radeon R9 280X/280 may experience a crash when playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and a video at the same time. If you experience this issue a work around is turning off the video while playing the game.
- CrossFire users may experience intermittent flickering in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare menus. As a work around if this issue is seen restarting the game may cause the issue to disappear.
AMD is currently working with Activision to resolve the following issues in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare:
- Users in AMD CrossFire mode sometimes experience texture corruption
- Negative scaling sometimes being observed at specific resolutions with AMD CrossFire
If you want the best performance currently available from either of these games and you’re running AMD hardware. Then you’ll certainly want to update your drivers.
Thank you TechPowerUp for providing us with this information.