AMD Fusion APU breaks integrated graphics performance records
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
A forum member over at TweakTown that had access to an early sample of the AMD A8-3850 APU managed to break records for an integrated graphics system on 3D Mark Vantage, 06 and 11.
The set up was quite simple:
- Gigabyte A75M-UD2H motherboard
- 2 X 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel memory
- A8-3850 Quad Core AMD CPU @ 3.773GHz and 1.52v (Stock 2.9GHz)
- HD 6550D Integrated Graphics @ 600MHz (Stock)
The scores achieved are highly impressive for an integrated system set up, the rig achieved:
- 10,492 on 3D Mark 06
- P6190 on 3D Mark Vantage Performance Preset
- P1590 on 3D Mark 11 Performance Preset
These scores are undoubtedly impressive but not at all surprising. It looks like AMD fusion technology will be a great success, allowing for all the basic media tasks as well as some medium to high end gaming capabilities. It is almost certain that the standard desktop computer over the next few years will be equipped with a fusion APU over integrated chipset because of the increased functionality and performance with similar levels of power consumption and pricing.