AMD introduce Catalyst 12.7 beta and 12.6 WHQL drivers
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
AMD have introduced the latest driver for the HD 7000 series of cards. The Catalyst 12.7 beta display driver offers significant performance boosts over the previous set of drivers whilst the Catalyst 12.6 WHQL driver offers performance fixes and updates for all HD 7000, 6000 and 5000 cards. AMD are boasting these performance gains using the 12.7 beta against the drivers the HD 7000 series cards launched with:
- Batman: Arkham City (Up to 65% faster on the AMD Radeon HD 7970)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Up to 55% faster on the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series)
- Total War: Shogun 2 (Up to 17% faster with the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series)
- DiRT 3 (Up to 7% faster with the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series)
The list of resolved issues for both the 12.6 WHQL and 12.7 beta is below:
- Using AMD Radeon HD 7900 and AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series in TriFire or QuadFire configurations with AMD Eyefinity will no longer result in a BSOD when launching a DirectX application.
- Multi-display configurations will no longer BSOD at the desktop on AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs.
- Additional fixes for AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GPUs hanging the system upon entering sleep. Some occurrences of this issue may be related to an outdated motherboard BIOS, however. Please ensure that your motherboard BIOS is up to date.
- Resolves AMD CrossFire technology scaling issues seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- AMD Catalyst Control Center: Overdrive page is no longer intermittently missing
- AMD Catalyst Control Center: GPU Activity gauge is no longer intermittently missing
- Using AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series GPUs in an AMD CrossFire technology config no longer results in system hangs after cinematics in Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruptions in scenes with smoke effects under the DirectX 11 mode are no longer experienced.
- DiRT Showdown: Improves scaling for AMD CrossFire technology configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- HDMI audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV is powered off/on.
You can read much more detailed release notes for both these updates here.
You can pick up the 12.7 Beta driver here.
The 12.6 WHQL drivers can be downloaded from here.