porno

AMD Llano Fusion laptop goes on sale



/ 6 years ago

Some European retailers have already started listing laptops and notebooks based on the upcoming AMD mobile processors. The notebooks being manufactured by HP are the DV6 series and they contain Llano processors.

The specifications of the laptop listed are exceptional given the price.

The DV6-6110SG HP laptop comes with:

  • 15.6″ Screen
  • A6 3410MX (Quad Core Llano at 1.6GHz standard or 2.1GHz turbo)
  • HD 6750M 1GB
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB HDD

More here: (http://www.passiontec.de/_fenster.php?art_id=600693537&ref_id=TradeDoubler&affId=1376965)

The price of this laptop is around 600 euros, so you can see that these Llano based laptops will offer good performance for fantastic prices. It is also expected prices will start to decline a few months after launch so by early September expect to be able to pick up one of these fantastic laptops for maybe even 500 euros.

Any Intel equivalent laptop will cost you a significant amount more. Around 750 euros for an i7 quad core laptop with some form of dedicated graphics like the HD 6750M. Although, earlier this month we saw AMD’s share of the mobile market declining between this quarter and the last , they still held a significant lead. And it is likely that this will only increase that lead until Intel can try and fight back with its new Ivy bridge processors which have been pushed back for release until Q2 of 2012.

Attached files

amd_fusion_llano.jpg (63.9 KB) 



  • lucas4

    heard loads about Llano and fusion, but what actually is it?people seem to think its the next big thing!

  • Eternalchaos

    lucas4;17673 wrote: heard loads about Llano and fusion, but what actually is it?people seem to think its the next big thing!

    Fusion is just AMD combining a GPU with the CPU and Llano is just the chip codename I believe.

  • lucas4

    interesting.so afaik this is AMD's first outing into the gpu and cpu in 1 die?will be interesting to see how things pan out, as its been working well for intel

  • omegadoom13

    That sucks — "… its new Ivy bridge processors which have been pushed back for release until Q2 of 2012."In general, is it true that AMD processors need more power than Intel processors.. therefore laptop battery life is shorten?Thanks for that bit of info about Ivy!

  • lucas4

    omegadoom13;17725 wrote: That sucks — "… its new Ivy bridge processors which have been pushed back for release until Q2 of 2012."In general, is it true that AMD processors need more power than Intel processors.. therefore laptop battery life is shorten?Thanks for that bit of info about Ivy!

    i think it may be referring to ivy bridge mobile CPU's.afaik, ivy bridge for desktops could be here this year ;)!as for power, i doubt the difference would be massive tbh. modern cpu and gpu's etc having tons of power saving features where they clock down disable things etc.

  • omegadoom13

    lucas4;17740 wrote: i think it may be referring to ivy bridge mobile CPU's.afaik, ivy bridge for desktops could be here this year ;)!as for power, i doubt the difference would be massive tbh. modern cpu and gpu's etc having tons of power saving features where they clock down disable things etc.

    Thanks! I hope Ivy bridge for desktops arrive this year too! 🙂 But from what I have read it's coming out early next year.

  • lucas4

    omegadoom13;17765 wrote: Thanks! I hope Ivy bridge for desktops arrive this year too! 🙂 But from what I have read it's coming out early next year.

    im looking forward to BD and ivy bridge also.with the new CPU's come new motherboards which all offer SATA 6GB/S and USB 3.0my theory is that if there is more of a target audience of users using these newer super fast technologies, then manufacturers will be pushed to making their products that utilize those technologies cheaper as they will be able to sell many more :)!i could be way off, but it seems logical to me :p!OCZ Vertex 3 for <£100 anybody? or USB 3.0 HDD enclosures for <£5 ;)!not long i reckon :D!