Anidees AI-4 M-ATX Silenced Chassis Review
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
Small chassis are all the rage recently, with many system builders flexing their desire to build a compact gaming rig that still packs a might punch. With so many new cases on the market in the smaller leagues such as the BitFenix Prodigy series, Coolermaster Elite 130, Antec ISK-600 and almost countless other options, it can be hard to know which is the right chassis for your own build. Sure you may all think of the big names such as Corsair, NZXT, Antec, Thermaltake, etc. when you’re picking your parts, but today we though we would bring you a chassis from a name that may not be so familiar, a break from the norm if you will.
Anidees have been on the market for years now in Europe, but they’ve not had much attention here in the UK or even in the US yet. We’ve seen their products before and were thoroughly impressed with their build quality and sleek design, so hopefully we’ll see something similar today in the compact design of the AI6BS Midi Tower. With support for large graphics cards, three pre-installed fans, plentiful sound dampening material on the interior, dust filters, USB 3.0 support, aluminium finishings and more, there is no doubt that this is targeted at the premium end of the market. The packed specification list is impressive for a chassis of this size, but at around £90 shipped, you get what you pay for.
- Understated design with brushed Aluminium on the front and top panels
- Mini tower with mid towers features, support 340mm graphics card and 168mm CPU cooler
- Front IO USB3.0 x 2, USB2.0 x 2
- Three speed fan controllers on top and support up to three nanotech fans
- Three Nano tech fans included (120 x 2 in front, 120mm x 1 in back), Ultra long lifetime 50,000 life hours, IP5X dust proof
- 3.5 and 2.5 HDD Compatibility up to 4 devices
- Moveable dust filter in the front
- Anti-vibration rubber for FAN and HDD
- Colour: Black
- Material: Steel body / AL, Plastic, Mesh bezel
- Motherboard: M-ITX, M-ATX
- 5.25″ Drive Bay: 2
- 3.5″ Hidden: 4
- 3.5″ Exposed: None
- 2.5″ Drive: 4
- I/O Panel: USB3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x2, Audio x1, MIC x1, 3 Speed Fan Controller
- Expansion Slots: 5
- Power Supply: PS2(Optional)
- Removable HDD Cage: Yes
- Dimensions: 415(L) x 185(W) x 433(H) mm
- Graphics Card Lenth: 340mm
- CPU Cooler Height: 168mm
The AI4 comes neatly packaged in a fairly standard box, nothing special here other than the specs on the side (see above), so let’s move on.
In the box you’ll find a simple operator’s manual, it’s pretty basic in terms of instructions, but everything appears to be pretty straight forward anyway. You’ll also find all the screws and bolts needed to install all major components.