ASRock announced their Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 details for XMP 1.3 support
Andy Ruffell / 5 years ago
ASRock have announced their Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard now offers the latest XMP 1.3 support, the future memory standard XMP 1.3 will be announced with the next-gen X79 chipset in the fourth quarter of this year.
XMP 1.3 is an update to DDR3 memory specification allowing users to change memory settings without having to input them manually into Bios settings using predefined profiles, the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is the first motherboard to support the new technology and only motherboards supporting it will be able to access the full power of upcoming XMP 1.3 DDR3 memory modules.
The board also packs Nvidia NF200 chip onboard, PCIe 3.0 spec, ASRock signature XFast LAN, XFast Charger, XFast USB and comes bundled with a USB 3.0 front panel, as well as a whole host of included software.
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Digi Power, Advanced V8 + 4 Power Phase Design
- NVIDIA® NF200 Chip Onboard (Dual VGA cards at PCI-E x16/x16; three VGA cards at x16 / x8 / x8)
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot, 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX and NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals
- Multi VGA Output : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Supports Dual LAN with Teaming function
- Dr. Debug, Smart Switch Design: Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- Support Intel® Smart Response, Lucid Virtu Switchable Graphics
- Supports ASRock XFast USB, XFast LAN Technologies
- Supports ASRock On/Off Play, graphical UEFI, ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU)
- Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio
- Free Bundle : 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket, 1 x 3.5mm Audio Cable, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite
In addition to Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, ASRock will continue to apply XMP 1.3 support in our PCIe Gen3 Motherboards by offering the latest BIOS in the coming future. With ASRock motherboards and certified memory optimizations built into Intel® XMP 1.3, overclocking on ASRock PCs is easy right out of the box.