Buffalo Launches TeraStation 51210RH 12-Bay Rackmount NAS
Bohs Hansen / 2 weeks ago
Buffalo announces the launch of their newest rack-mounted NAS, the TeraStation 51210RH 12-bay NAS. The new NAS is designed with businesses in mind where it can deliver high-performance storage which has been optimised for data-intensive environments. It comes equipped with both 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, ECC memory, and hard drives pre-installed.
At the heart of the TeraStation 51210RH beats an Annapurna Labs Alpine AL314 1.7Ghz quad-core processor with error checking and correction buffer to detect and correct errors in data. It features 8GB DDR3 ECC memory that while not specified, should be upgradable to at least 16GB. Owners will get a total of four Ethernet ports, two 10 Gbps and two 1 Gbps ports for an optimal throughput and connection to both old and new systems. There are two USB 3.0 ports for external storage or other supported devices.
The TeraStation 51210RH is available either fully or partially populated, with enterprise-grade hard drives. Partially populated models are ideal for growing businesses with future storage growth in mind, but looking for a lower initial investment. There 8TB, 16TB, 24TB, 48TB, and 96TB capacity models available and that’s quite a nice amount of storage. The smaller models only feature 4 hard disks while the larger capacity models are fully populated in all 12 drive bays.
Raj Patel, B2B Manager, Buffalo EU says: “Buffalo is excited to release partially and fully populated systems that give companies extra flexibility. Businesses will be able to invest in a system that provides enterprise-level performance and benefits, at small business prices. Specifically, this NAS device incorporates powerful hardware and has been designed to work as an iSCSI target for virtualised systems. The TeraStation 51210RH is ideal for businesses that need a powerful, flexible and reliable RAID-based network storage solution.”
- 2U 12-bay rackmount chassis with storage capacity up to 96TB
- Fully- or partially- populated options
- 8GB DDR3 ECC memory
- Annapurna Labs Alpine AL314 1.7Ghz quad-core processor with error checking and correction buffer to detect and correct errors in data
- Optional redundant power supply
- Two native 10GbE network ports for use in high-speed networks, plus two 1GbE ports
- 2.5/5Gbps compatible, compliant with NBASE-T (IEEE 802.3bz) standard
- Pre-Configured RAID allowing faster and more consistent deployment
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD
- RAID Accelerator (for RAID 5 and 6)
- Rapid RAID Mode Change – reduces time to create and change RAID modes significantly
- Advanced NTFS Permissions (Windows ACL)
- Enhanced data security now with AES256bit encryption and anti-virus
- Boot Authentication
- Duplex System Firmware Boot
- 4 post rail kit included
- 11 licenses of NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition
- 3 year VIP warranty including advanced TS replacement and 24-hour HDD exchange
- 1 or 2-year warranty extensions available
As for the price, the 8TB, 16TB, 24TB, 48TB, and 96TB models will cost you £2799, £3289, £4599, £6199, and £10,549 respectively.