Clip-On Dedicated PlayStation 4 Monitor Revealed
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Hori have announced that they will be releasing a clip-on dedicated monitor for the PlayStation 4. Their new Liquid Crystal Monitor 4 display will turn your PlayStation 4 into a hybrid laptop with a flip up screen design and some basic controls on the top to allow you to adjust display settings and sound via the monitors built in speakers.
The display measures 11 inches, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, but it will also support input resolutions of 480p, 720p and 1080i. The display features two HDMI ports, allowing you to use it to connect more than one device at a time, handy if you have a multimedia player, Chromecast, monitor, or anything else you need to hook up without the need of an extra screen.
It’s not exactly practical and does require a 12V/2A DC adaptor and of course you’ll need a plug for the PS4, so it’s not exactly portable, but should you be taking the console to a LAN event, or something a little more travel friendly in general then it can be a handy solution.
Priced at 32,184 YEN (around $314) it’s not exactly cheap, but it’s unlikely that many people will need this kind of product anyway. For those that really need it, the price doesn’t seem too bad given the features and functionality it can provide.
- Size: 11 inches wide
- External measurements: 279mm x 275; 8mm x 28mm (10.9in x 10.8in; .3 in x 1.1in)
- Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)
- Full screen resolution: 1920×3 (RGB) x 1080
- Display color: 18 bit color (262,144 colors)
- Maximum brightness: 350cd/m2
- Response time: 25ms TYP
- Video input: HDMI x 2
- Audio output: internal stereo speakers, 2 headphone jacks
- Resolution: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Power source: attached AC adaptor DC 12V/2A
- Electricity usage: 24W maximum
- Other: 250 mm (~10 in) HDMI cable
Thank you DualShockers for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of DualShockers.