CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Keyboard Review
Tim Mammatt / 4 years ago
CM Storm, Cooler Master’s relatively new (2008) gaming branch, are known as one of the top gaming brands having brought us quality products from cases to mice. By working with gaming enthusiasts and constantly seeking feedback, they are continuously refining their products to meet the many high demands of gamers. With a focus on quality and performance, we expect to see CM Storm raising the bar, so today we have got the soon to be released Trigger Mechanical gaming keyboard.
As with all our peripheral reviews, we like to reiterate the importance of having the right gear, especially when it comes to gaming as it can make all the difference between getting those extra frags. The keyboard plays a large part in this, so having a decent, enduring keyboard is crucial to not only success, but also continued comfort when spending hours in front of the screen. Mechanical keyboards are considered to be amongst the elitist gaming gear, as they offer a much greater durability, more tactile feedback and faster response over the standard rubber dome keyboards. The Trigger features the Cherry MX black switches that are very popular with gamers due to the movement and the actuation force of the keys.
So lets take a look at what the Trigger has to offer.
- High durability gold-plated Cherry switches rated for over 50 million key strokes
- Multi-media control keys for convenient sound control
- 5 macro keys with profile management
- 18K gold plated ultra low latency USB plugs
- Anti-ghosting 6 key rollover
- 64KB on-board memory for profile storage
- Storm tactics key for deactivation of Windows key
- 1000Hz driverless polling / 1ms response time
- Two port enhanced USB 2.0 hub
- Detachable wrist rest
- Braided cable for durability
- Non-slip rubber coating
The Trigger has a couple of interesting features that differentiate it from some of the other mechanical keyboards, notably the on-board memory and macro keys. So lets take a look.