Co-op Action RPG “Legends of Aethereus” Now Available On Steam
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
We don’t normally cover too much news about PC role playing games, but the latest release from the team at ThreeGates has grabbed my attention. Legends of Aethereus uses physics-based combat that is said to offer a unique playstyle that makes it stand out from the usual hack and slash titles and it’s one I can’t wait to try out. The game supports up to 4 player co-op, as well as all the usual class based exploration, questing and levelling that RPG gaming is known for.
“Only four more days left until launch day and we’ve worked with the team at Steam to do a launch promotion that we hope the community likes,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “LoA is a deep, core gaming experience and we know Steam’s audience of RPG fans will find the physics based combat and exploration system to be different from anything they are used to.”
Next week, Legends of Aethereus will return to its regular retail price of $29.99 and players are encouraged to pick up the game during launch week to take advantage of the discount, the game is currently available for just $23.99.
About Legends of Aethereus
The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins. Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus.
As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces led by the notorious General Zhorgal.
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels and explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests.
Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
- High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types
- Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
- Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PvP and PvE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area
- Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a heroic tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins
- The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Satchels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets, all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems (in-game gems) altering their effects
- Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness
- Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment
- Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not thousands, but literally Millions of different combinations of gear and weapons
I’ll be looking into this game very shortly and we’ll hopefully have a full review for you in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
Thank you ThreeGates for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of ThreeGates.