Corsair Expands MX Switch Choices On K70 Mechanical Keyboard
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Corsair have already won plenty of awards for their awesome Vengeance series K70 mechanical gaming keyboard, in fact, they even got one from us here at eTeknix when we reviewed it last year. Now Corsair have announced that the award-winning Vengeance K70 mechanical gaming keyboard comes in two new variants. The gorgeous black aluminium finished keyboard comes fitted with red LED backlit keys, on top of the original Cherry MX Red switch, the keyboard is now also available with Cherry MX Blue and Brown keyswitches. Similar to all Vengeance gaming keyboards, the latest K70 doesn’t miss when it counts due to genuine German-made Cherry MX switches, the most popular and accurate mechanical keyswitches for gamers.
“The sophisticated aesthetics of the refreshed Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard starts with an anodized black aluminium chassis for long-lasting durability and timeless style. Vibrant red backlighting shines through each key, oozing an industrial look capable of complimenting any gamer den. The overall backlighting can be adjusted to four levels of intensity while the lighting for each key can be independently enabled or disabled. The key-by-key lighting customization allows users to highlight just the keys they need to emphasize, such as WASD, and then save the setting directly to the K70’s onboard memory.” Said Corsair in a recent press release.
“We re-evaluated all of the available key switches on the market including new clones of the Cherry MX,” said Jason Christian, product manager for gaming keyboards and mice at Corsair. “None could match the consistent performance and reliability across the keyboards like the original German Cherry MX switches.”
Vengeance K70 features:
- Never miss a keystroke: the combination of a 100% anti-ghosted matrix, full n-key rollover and 1000Hz reporting rate provide lightning fast accuracy that you can always count on
- Media maven? Multimedia controls give quick access to volume, skip tracks, play, stop, and pause
- Useful USB port supports accessories such as a Vengeance gaming headset or mouse
- Rest your wrists with a removable soft-touch pad that provides extra comfort for lengthy gaming or typing sessions
- Get that pro look with alternate red-colored, contoured textured keycaps for the WASD keys and 1-6 keycaps for additional customization
- Available in three different Cherry MX mechanical switch types to suite different gaming and typing preferences:
- Cherry MX Red – for smooth, linear key response for ultra-fast double and triple taps without a tactile “bump” or audible click
- Cherry MX Brown switches – for fast and precise actuation with a light tactile feedback “bump” for comfortable typing and minimal audible click
- Cherry MX Blue switches – for great gaming performance with an assertive tactile feedback and audible click that can be helpful when typing
The new versions Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard will be available in April with a suggested retail price of $129.99 USD backed with a two-year warranty. I absolutely loved the original K70 keyboard, it’s easily one of the nicest mechanical gaming keyboards on the market today and while I do live Cherry MX Red switches, I would much rather have Blue or Brown switches, so thank you Corsair for noticing that many gamers are moving away from MX Red switches.
What switch type do you prefer? Let us know in the comments section below.
Thank you Corsair for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Corsair.