Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue – Coming Soon
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
The development team behind the award-winning game Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies.
Well researched and packed with depth, including detailed unit data down to vehicle level and historically realistic combined arms gameplay, Case Blue also features an easy-to-learn interface and a good AI. In the campaign scenarios, next to the victory conditions, you will have to deal with high command orders that can instruct you to hold or take specific cities. Do well and earn prestige that enables you to request reinforcements and influence high command decisions, do bad and you’ll have to be careful not to get sacked.
Once in the battle, players move regiments and divisions, coordinate attacks and manage logistics in what we feel is the definitive game on the fighting in the Ukraine and the Caucasus. There are also unique actions for individual historical generals to give a particular unit or HQ the extra needed push to victory. Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue includes Slitherine’s great PBEM++ system and also editor functionality.
Case Blue is unique in that it aims to not only give you the numbers but also to give you the feel of the time, the theater and its challenges.
- Well researched historical operational simulation that not only gives the numbers and rules but also the atmosphere and feel
- Dynamic high command orders keep you as operational commander on your toes
- Proven and mature engine in development since 2005 that keeps getting improved upon
- 120+ different troop, equipment and vehicle types each with its own detailed statistics and artwork
- 50+ different organizational structures with their own model OOBs including : Panzer divisions, StuG battalions and militia units
- 150+ generals with their own statistics and biographies
- 1000+ historical regiments and divisions
- Maps ranging from 22×22 hex maps to the large 160×125 hex campaign scenario map spanning from Kiev to Baku
- Scenarios ranging from playable 8 rounds to monster 160+ rounds