Enermax Aurora Micro Wireless Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell+ / 1 year ago
Today I’m taking a look at the Aurora Wireless Keyboard, the latest wireless keyboard solution from Enermax. Its not often we see much attention to the wireless keyboard end of the market, even less attention seems to go toward the HTPC keyboard market, but it looks like we could have a real contender here today.
A quick look at the Aurora’s spec sheet and its easy to see why I have high hopes for the keyboard. Brushed aluminium, diamond cut finish, scissor switch keys, laser trackball mouse and 2.4Ghz wireless technology should really add up to making a premium product.
- Brushed aluminium case with diamond-cut edges – winner of international “red dot design award 2009“.
- 2,4GHz wireless technology with up to 10 meters operating range.
- Trackball with laser tracking and adjustable resolution (400, 800 or 1200dpi).
- Built-in 2-button mouse with scroll wheel for quick web and program navigation.
- Remote control for Windows Media Center
- Seven hot keys - Home, E-Mail, Search, Volume-up, Volume-down, Mute, Play/Pause.
- Patented ”Scissors” technology, smooth and silent typing with up to 10 million key strokes life time.
- Flat key caps with minimal spaces in between.
- Easy Grip
- Extended wrist rest
- Power saving management
This keyboard wasn’t build to take the gaming world by storm, but it is perfect for those with limited space, a remote display or HTPC / Media Center system. So the Aurora is going to have to prove its self over a range of multimedia applications today if it is to earn one of our eTeknix awards, so lets move and and see just what the Aurora has to offer before putting it to the test in our performance section.