EVGA announces the SuperNova NEX1500 Classified Power Supply
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
EVGA doesn’t normally delve into power supplies so enthusiasts will be delighted to see EVGA moving into a new market. Their SuperNova NEX 1500 Classified Power Supply is designed for the highest end PC hardware money can buy. It is rated for 1500W of continuous power but capable of providing up to 1650W in overclock mode.
The power supply features “SuperNOVA software” allowing you to monitor voltage, current drawn on each rail, power used, efficiency, as well as enabling you to change the fan profile and even adjust the +12V rail. The +12v rail adjustment allows you to instantly switch between a single or multi 12v rails.
The SuperNova NEX 1500 is 100% modular and every cable is sleeved to a high quality that you’d expect from EVGA and such a high end product. Japanese high quality caps are used throughout and the efficiency is rated for 80 PLUS Gold.
As expected the product will come with legendary EVGA customer support and a decade long warranty – yes a 10 year warranty. EVGA has really gone all out to create its first power supply and other manufacturers should be wary of what looks to be the ultimate power supply unit.
The EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified Power Supply is available from the end of August 2012 with an MSRP of €400 (excluding VAT).
- SuperNOVA, exclusive power supply control and monitoring software
- Control and adjust +12V voltage for maximum overclocking potential
- Switch between single or multiple rails for ultimate control
- Overclock mode allows PSU to deliver up to 1650W with 230VAC input
- Unbeatable 10 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- 80PLUS Gold certification pending, with up to 90% efficiency under typical loads
- Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- Individually Sleeved Cables for outstanding looks and cable management
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- NVIDIA SLI Certified
- Sanyo Denki Ball Bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
- 1x 24pin ATX
- 2x 8pin EPS12V
- 3x 6pin PCIe
- 16x 6+2pin PCIe
- 12x SATA
- 8x Molex
- 2x Floppy