Exceleram Announce New X Series Memory Kits
Andy Ruffell / 4 years ago
Today sees Exceleram announcing new memory modules and 8Gb dual channel kits featuring Hynix CFR chips and is ready to start hitting the market very soon.
Various modules are included under the X Series branding ranging from 2GB kits up to 8GB kits with speeds from 1333MHz all the way up to 1866MHz and while this isn’t market leading speeds, Exceleram have always managed to offer a slightly better set of modules when it comes down to value for money.
The new set of X Series modules which feature Hynix CFR chips include:
- E30106X 2GB (1x2GB) 1333MHz, CL9, 1.5V, w/o Heatsink
- E30112X 4GB (1x4GB) 1333MHz, CL9, 1.5V, w/o Heatsink
- E30149X 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz, CL11, 1.5V, w/o Heatsink
- E30146X 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz, CL9, 1.5V, w/o Heatsink
- E30150X 4GB (1x4GB) 1866MHz, CL9, 1.65V, w/o Heatsink
- E30138X 8GB (2x4GB) 1866MHz, CL9. 1.65V, Black Sark Heatsink
- E30149XB 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz, CL11, 1.5V, Black PCB, w/o Heatsink
- E30146XB 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz, CL9, 1.5V, Black PCB, w/o Heatsink
- EBW301X 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz, CL9, 1.5V, Black PCB, White Sark Heatsink
- E30150XB 4GB (1x4GB) 1866MHz, CL9, 1.65V, Black PCB, w/o Heatsink
- E30138XB 8GB (2x4GB) 1866MHz, CL9. 1.65V, Black PCB, Black Sark Heatsink
For those who are unaware, Hynix CFR chips are very popular with the overclocking community and this is why we only see 1866MHz kits at the higher-end of the product range. Hynix CFR chips are able to scale their frequency with extra voltage increases and while doing so can also see timings remaining at fairly tight levels. You can generally expect 1600MHz Hynix CFR based kits to hit around the 2400MHz mark, so it should definitely be interesting to see what these kits from Exceleram can really do.