porno

G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000 CL9D 2133MHz Memory Kit Review



/ 6 years ago

«»

Next Page »

G.Skill have been around for quite a few years and have always focussed on providing the best memory in terms of stability and style. Whilst they have remained quiet for a little while, they are back and are throwing all of their energy into the high end memory market.

As we all know Sandybridge is the new hot thing (at least until Bulldozer arrives from AMD) and everyone is keen to jump on board and purchase the latest components in the hope of reaching the almighty 5GHz overclock. To rival that kind of performance, a performance based memory kit is needed to give that extra boost where needed the most. G.Skill believe they have done just that by releasing the RipjawsX F3-17000 CL9D 2133MHz 4GB kit marketed specifically for Sandybridge systems with lightning fast speeds and timings of 9-11-9-28-2T @ 1.6V.

Specifications

  • System Type: DDR3
  • M/B Chipset:Intel Z68/Intel P67
  • CAS Latency: 9-11-9-28-2N
  • Capacity: 4GB (2GB x 2)
  • Speed: DDR3-2133 (PC3 17000)
  • Test Voltage: 1.6 Volts
  • Height: 40mm/1.58 inch
  • Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
  • Error checking: Non-ECC
  • Type: 240-pin DIMM
  • Warranty: Lifetime

«»

Next Page »


  • dudes45

    That RAM looks awesome! Great review too mate, I should be able to manage an article or two later. 😎

  • Eternalchaos

    Yeah nice kit and it is priced well too £50 from what i can find. 😉

  • lucas4

    That is some super fast RAM and it just looks the part aswell!

  • omegadoom13

    Great review! Attractive price indeed! I really enjoy seeing pics in tech reviews, because I probably will never see such tech firsthand. Your pics were awesome!

  • Eternalchaos

    Andy did you try to lower the timings? Instead of bumping the speed up.

  • themindboggles

    a sweet bit of kit there. real mean looking ram, nice review.

  • aruffell

    Eternalchaos;17580 wrote: Andy did you try to lower the timings? Instead of bumping the speed up.

    I did and it was unstable.

  • Eternalchaos

    Aruffell;17640 wrote: I did and it was unstable.

    Damn 🙁

  • omegadoom13

    Ok.. this is a newbie question about overclocking: What sort of damage can you do to your memory kits if overclocking isn't done properly?

  • Eternalchaos

    omegadoom13;17726 wrote: Ok.. this is a newbie question about overclocking: What sort of damage can you do to your memory kits if overclocking isn't done properly?

    Your computer won't boot or it will just crash. It would not permantly damage the ram but they are mostly covered by lifetime warranty anyway.

  • lucas4

    omegadoom13;17726 wrote: Ok.. this is a newbie question about overclocking: What sort of damage can you do to your memory kits if overclocking isn't done properly?

    i havnt heard of an OCing case where RAM has died.unstable RAM will just cause BSOD's and freezing.like eternalchaos said, the majority of branded memory has a lifetime warranty.use memtest to test memory stability 🙂

  • omegadoom13

    Eternalchaos;17728 wrote: Your computer won't roboot or it will just crash. It would not permantly damage the ram but they are mostly covered by lifetime warranty anyway.

    Thanks Eternalchaos! Lifetime warranties are great! 🙂

  • omegadoom13

    lucas4;17741 wrote: i havnt heard of an OCing case where RAM has died.unstable RAM will just cause BSOD's and freezing.like eternalchaos said, the majority of branded memory has a lifetime warranty.use memtest to test memory stability 🙂

    Thank Lucas! Good tip about memtest… and it's free 🙂

  • rrplay

    These look like they are going to perform extremely well in a variety of mobos for Sandy Bridge.The quality and performance is there as usually with GSkill. too bad about not being able to tighten the timings a bit, but good to know about the OC capability.

  • lucas4

    rrplay;18142 wrote: These look like they are going to perform extremely well in a variety of mobos for Sandy Bridge.The quality and performance is there as usually with GSkill. too bad about not being able to tighten the timings a bit, but good to know about the OC capability.

    For SB they recommend as low volts as possible.These speeds are great, but some lower voltage stuff like g-skill Eco may suit SB better

  • rrplay

    lucas4;18147 wrote: For SB they recommend as low volts as possible.These speeds are great, but some lower voltage stuff like g-skill Eco may suit SB better

    oh for sure with the lower volts Eco for SB those are very nice with good timings and I think 1.35 volts. getting some G.SKILL F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 8-8-8-24 2@4GB in a few days .ordered them for an i7 870 rig .The price grab was to hard to pass up.RAM pricing has been pretty good lately and should continue.[h=1]<span style="font-size: 12px;"></span>[/h]