GIGABYTE Hosts X99 Champion Challenge on HWBOT
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
It’s that jolly season that is upon us again, it’s overclocking time. Okay, maybe not that jolly, but interesting none-the-less. GIGABYTE is hosting the X99 Champion Challenge on HWBOT.org. The contest is open to anyone and it gives the community the chance to test and show their skills on the GIGABYTE X99 platform. Of course, you’ll also be able to win something and GIGABYTE put up both hardware and $2.800 USD in prize money.
The event starts on May 1st, so you still have some time to get your system ready to kill with those benchmark scores and run away with the grand prize of $1.500 USD. You have to collect points throughout 6 different stages that are designed to test both your CPU and GPU overclocking skills.
As mentioned, the first place takes home $1500. The second place still gets a nice $800 prize and the third place gets $500. There will also be three lucky draws at the end of the competition where a randomly selected overclocker will receive a motherboard based on category and overclocking type.
- This competition is limited to GIGABYTE X99 motherboards only
- Submissions will open on the first day of the stage at 00:01 (UTC +8) and close on the last day at 23:59 (UTC+8)
- To be eligible for the Lucky Draw #1, participants must submit in all stages, and have their XTU submission shown ABOVE 25 Celsius. One random winner will be selected from the eligible participants.
- To be eligible for the Lucky Draw #2, participants must submit in all stages, and have their XTU submission shown BELOW 25 Celsius. One random winner will be selected from the eligible participants.
- To be eligible for the Lucky Draw #3, participants must have submitted within the 3 lowest scores in any of the stages. One random winner will be selected from the eligible participants.
- User ranked #1, #2 and #3 in any stage are not eligible for the lucky draw.
- Every submission must include the competition background, XTU’s CPU frequency and temperature and a picture of the rig.
- A participant is eligible to win only once. If he is found to be the winner in multiple categories, the prize will go to the runner-up.
If you’d like to check out the complete and detailed event, then head right on over to GIGABYTE’s mini-site and check them out.