Google Releases Tech Specs Of Glass Explorer Editions
Roshan Ashraf Shaikh / 4 years ago
Google recently released Glass API, along with the specs for the Glass Explorer Editions. One of the key specs is that it uses 5 Megapixel camera that can take 720p Videos as well. It has 16GB storage with 12GB as usable storage.
One of the coolest feature is the bone conduction transducer which can send sound from the Google Glass, through the bones of the wearer skull for the sound to reach to the inner ear.
But the Glass will be using 802.11 B/G Wi-Fi, probably either to save energy and use a smaller chip size that support the current 802.11 ac standard. Google also says that their display is equivalent of a 25″ HD TV when you view it at a distance of about 8 feet away.
Here are the full specs:
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.
- High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos – 5 MP
- Videos – 720p
- Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi – 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
- One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
- While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, Glass is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long and prosperous Glass use.
- Any Bluetooth-capable phone.
- The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.