Latest Released Details For The Upcoming WWE 2K 2016 Game
Christopher Files / 1 year ago
2K has announced further plans for the upcoming WWE 2016 game which will be home to platforms PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. This game is expected to be launched on the 27th October in North America and 30th October in Europe.
So, what amazing new features are fans expected to receive? Well, there will be 120 “unique” characters, this means no duplicates. There are caveats to this as a wrestler with several characters, for example Mick Foley; will have Dude Love, Cactus Jack and Mankind counted as separate playable wrestlers. Although any wrestlers who have changed throughout the decades, think Sting in the 80’s, 90’s or 2000 or the Undertaker in the 90s, 2000s and 2010s would be considered as one playable character. Memo to Vince, I am also thinking Sting vs Undertaker for Wrestlemania 32.
The rattlesnake Stone Cold has been officially confirmed for the cover of the game, while the commentators will for the first time have the option for three people. Other improvements but not necessarily new features are as follows,
- My Career is mode: This time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Create a Diva: Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
- WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
- Online has been “overhauled.”
- Three-man commentary team: With John “Bradshaw” Layfield joining King and Cole.
- Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
- No loading screens between entrances and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
- Improved ref and manager AI.
Hallelujah! We have no loading screens; this has only taken at least 15 years to implement, my reaction is the same as the screenshot below. This game looks to be an improvement, albeit a drip fed one for the franchise, which will still attract fans alike. I do wish developers would stop adding a previously removed feature before calling it “unique”. The head of 2K would not like his leg removed before being screwed back on and calling it “a new human feature” Where’s those creative genius’s from the Minecraft Deep Sea world when you need them.
Thank you IGN for providing us with this information
Image courtesy of dailydt