McAfee All Access for internet devices is launched
Andy Ruffell / 631 days ago
McAfee have launched their latest security suite aimed at users with the need to protect multiple devices on multiple platforms at a price point cheaper than protecting each device on an individual basis, All Access offers the ability for consumers to secure smartphones, tablets, netbooks, PCs, and Macs, the software is priced on a single user or family basis without limiting the number of devices you can protect.
“We’re excited to launch McAfee All Access today to meet increasing consumer demand for a single solution that safeguards users’ internet-connected devices and protects their digital lifestyles,” said Todd Gebhart, co-president of McAfee. “Users now have the protection they need without having to make buying decisions for each and every one of their devices—or go through the hassle of dealing with individual licenses each time they want to add or eliminate a device. From a simple, central console, McAfee All Access uses a single subscription, eliminating all complex licensing and management issues.”
McAfee All Access costs $99.99 for individuals and $149.99 for the household version and allows consumers and families to quickly install, activate and manage essential protection for data, Internet activities, computer systems, and kids:
- Protect Data – Backup and restore data on smartphones, tablets and PCs. Remotely locate, lock and wipe mobile devices. Misplaced smartphone at home? Make it “scream” to easily find it.
- Safeguard Internet Activities – Block risky sites. Safely share content. Protect email and IM.
- Secure Consumers’ Systems – Anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protects against malware and hackers. Wireless Internet at home is also protected.
- Monitor Kids and Teens – Parents can supervise kids’ activities including Internet and social network use, or actively filter inappropriate content including YouTube videos and explicit music lyrics.
Smartphones and tablets for Android, Symbian and Blackberry operating systems:
- Complete anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-phishing protection – scans and cleans malicious code from inbound and outbound emails, text messages, attachments, and files.
- Safe searching, browsing and shopping – blocks risky links within SMS, email and social networking sites.
- Locate and track – allows consumers to view their phone’s location on a map and send an SMS to prompt its return, as well as using its remote alarm to make it “scream” so it can be easily found.
- Remote lock and wipe features – prevents access to data, including that on memory (SIM) cards if the phone is lost.
- Backup and restore options – preserves personal information on-demand, on a schedule, or before users wipe their missing smartphone or tablet, and helps users restore data to a new device.
- Family protection (Android only) – ensures safe browsing on mobile devices and prevents kids’ and teens’ exposure to inappropriate content. (Available in English language version only)
Desktop, laptop and netbook PCs:
- Complete anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-phishing tools – analyzes and blocks new and emerging threats in real time.
- Two-way firewall – blocks hackers from accessing PCs.
- Anti-spam tools – provides comprehensive spam blocking and email filtering.
- Home network protection – safeguards wireless connections in the home and protects them from intruders.
- Safe searching, browsing and shopping protection – alerts users to risky websites, blocks phishing sites and sites infected with malware. It also allows users to easily and safely shorten and share web links via Facebook and Twitter.
- Family protection – blocks inappropriate content and programs, monitors social networking sites, offers parents age-based guidelines, monitors and records instant message conversations in addition to other features.
- PC tools – includes file encryption, data shredder to destroy sensitive files, PC optimization tools and online back-up.
McAfee helps keep Mac users safe from intrusion by viruses, Trojans, worms, bots, and rootkits. Security essentials, such as a firewall and phishing protection also help keep Macs safe from attack, while website ratings help users determine if sites are safe or malicious.
To help safeguard kids and teens, McAfee All Access also includes family protection for Mac with features such as website blocking, usage monitoring and key word search filtering. (Family protection for Mac is offered in English language versions only)
The product is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit), Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), and Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, and is available for download immediately in the United States at www.mcafee.com/allaccess as an annual subscription.