Minecraft Pocket Edition Gets Massive Update
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Majong owned gaming sensation Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) has been given a massive overhaul that will bring the mobile experience more in line with the desktop offering. The update packs loads more content into the mobile game by adding infinite worlds, caves, new blocks, wolves and a whole lot more.
This will no doubt please my son who is constantly pestering to play on my rig as the PE edition on the tablet is a little more limited, but this will obviously change much of that and give people a LOT more to explore when playing on their phone or tablet. The addition of new biomes that have been taken from the PC release, as well as new mobs and items may even be enough to tempt me away from the desktop release for a while.
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Pocket edition is available from the Play Store for just $6.99, much cheaper than the desktop edition. If you’ve already got the mobile app, then its as simple as updating, but if you’ve yet to pick up your pickaxe and begin your adventure, now is easily the best time to get started.
Thank you Android Authority for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Android Authority.