MSI release Z77IA-E53 mini-ITX motherboard
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
Mini-ITX motherboards are fashionable these days amongst enthusiasts, we’ve seen ones from EVGA and ASUS that pack impressive VRMs into such a small space. Now MSI is taking its turn at the Z77 mini-ITX market too.
The Z77IA-E53 is a Z77 based LGA 1155 motherboard supporting Sandy and Ivy Bridge processors. However, its small mini-ITX size hasn’t stopped MSI cramming in a tonne of features. Like integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as support for up to 2800MHz memory supported by the new Ivy Bridge architecture.
PCI Express Gen 3 is included, vital if you’re going to be installing a dual GPU into the single PCI Express 3.0 16X lane. MSI has included the OC Genie II overclocking feature for the beginner-overclocker. THX TruStudioPro audio is provided for the SPDIF audio connector. HDMI and VGA provided display outputs for the iGPU on the Sandy or Ivy Bridge processors.USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and eSATA ports make up the storage connectivity.
As expected the motherboard will be full Windows 8 ready.
Z77IA-E53 Technical specifications
- Processors – 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core, LGA 1155 based
- Chipset – Z77
- Memory support – 2 DIMMs at 1066-2800MHz (1866MHz+ is recommended only on Ivy Bridge)
- Expansion slot – 1 X PCI Express Gen 3 16X
- Graphics support – Intel HD 2000/2500/3000/4000 via HDMI or VGA(D-Sub)
- Audio – 8-channel (7.1) HD Audio with THX TruStudioPro
- Storage – 2x SATA 6Gb/s with RAID support, 2x SATA 3Gb/s with RAID support 1x eSATA
- Networking – Gigabite Ethernet, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth 3.0+HS