Netgear Release ReadyNAS OS 6.2 with Improved Data Protection
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
Netgear has released the newest version of their ReadyNAS OS version 6.2 for its ReadyNAS family of desktop and rack-mounted NAS devices. The new ReadyNAS OS offers improvements in data protection, backup, sync, and cloud-based usability. The update is of course free and can be downloaded now either through the administration interface or Netgear’s website and supports any current-generation ReadyNAS device.
“ReadyNAS OS 6.2 delivers amazing new protection and usability features for all our ReadyNAS devices for homes and businesses,” said Matt Pahnke, senior product marketing manager for NETGEAR Storage. “File protection is the Number One reason that people purchase network storage, and we’ve put it first as well. With five layers of file protection, we do a better job of protecting precious digital content than any NAS in the market.”
Netgear created the ReadyNAS OS with the mission to provide the strongest data protection in the industry. It guards against bitrot media degradation as well as viruses and malware and now offers complete file and photo protection. The new ability is added to the already existing RAID protection and point-in-time recovery that otherwise isn’t found on traditional RAID setups. It also offers offsite replication to secondary devices or the cloud.
Keeping a centralized backup for everything ín a customized matter is something else that makes the ReadyNAS standout. It offers fully automated backups from Windows and Macs with individual and free choice of folders and targets for all users. The ReadyCLOUD app for desktop PCs, Android and iOS also got an update and makes it easier than ever to create full backups, sync and safeguard your data no matter what device you’re using.
A list of the current Netgear ReadyNAS models:
- The 12-bay ReadyNAS 4220 is a 2U rack-mount form factor designed for data center or other high-performance business environments supporting 50 to 500 concurrent users and is available in two options with 10Gb Ethernet ports.
- The 12-bay ReadyNAS 3220 is a 2U rack-mount form factor ideal for small data center environments supporting 26 to 250 concurrent users.
- The four-bay ReadyNAS 2120 is a 1U rack-mount form factor for small office environments from five to 25 simultaneous users.
- The desktop ReadyNAS 700 Series (RN716X) with dual 10Gb Ethernet (10GBase-T) ports is designed for campus and high performance business environments supporting up to 500 concurrent users.
- The desktop ReadyNAS 500 Series (RN516XX) is designed for small to medium-sized business networks supporting up to 250 concurrent users.
- The ReadyNAS 300 Series (RN312XX, RN314XX, RN316XX) is optimized for small business networks and remote or branch office needs, and comes in two-bay, four-bay, and six-bay desktop models.
- The entry level ReadyNAS 100 Series (RN102XX, RN104XX) is designed for home use, and comes in two-bay and four-bay desktop models. The ReadyNAS 100 series offers a 3-Year Limited Hardware Warranty and free 24×7 phone support for 90 days.
Thanks to Netgear for providing us with this information
Image courtesy of Netgear