New AMD/ATi drivers, Catalyst 11.10 WHQL released
Ryan Martin / 3 years ago
AMD has released its last driver update for October. With a whole host of new games released this month it was important to get a set of WHQL signed drivers out for the new releases to both optimise gameplay and fix bugs. Along with this a whole selection of other bugs were also fixed. The preview drivers have been out for nearly 2 weeks but this is now the final version of the new drivers.
You can read the release notes below:
Windows 7 specific bug fixes include:
- Some OpenGL games like Enemy Territory Quake Wars no longer experiences random corruption.
- Lost Planet 2 no longer experiences random crashes when running the benchmark.
- F1 2010 and Dirt 2 no longer experience random flashing during the game.
- Google Earth no longer displays random corruption when running in OpenGL mode.
- Mafia II no longer experiences a random crash during game loading / game play when Crossfire is enabled.
- Unigine Heaven running in DirectX 11 mode no longer experiences a performance drop when running with Dual Graphics enabled.
- Homefront no longer experiences random game crashes.
- Random flashing is no longer experienced when playing back SD/BD content on a 120Hz monitor.
- An application crash is no longer randomly observed while playing M2V/Mpeg2/Mpeg4 files and toggling the Hardware Acceleration setting.
- Display corruption is no longer experienced on the primary display when running in extended display mode with AERO enabled.
AMD Eyefinity enhancements
- Enables support for Eyefinity 5×1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations
- Maximum supported resolution has been increased to 16000 x 16000 pixels on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series. (limited to DX11 applications only)
- Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
AMD VECC/CCC enhancements
- Improvements have been implemented to better facilitate the enabling and control of the following features within the Vision Engine Control Center / Catalyst Control Center
- AMD Overdrive for GPUs
- Information Center (software and hardware)