New Game Coming To Sega Dreamcast Next Week
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
NG:DEV.TEAM, a German based games developer, have announced today that their latest title, NEO XYX, will be heading to the much loved and certainly not forgotten Sega Dreamcast. That’s right, despite the many years of service the Dreamcast has seen, and not forgetting the few extra generations of console gaming we’ve had since it was released, the Dreamcast still has a loyal fan base and an active community of development. Games may not be flying off the production line, but for owners of the console we think one or two games a year is a lot better than no games!
The latest entry to the console is NEO XYX, a Toaplan style 2D arcade shooter, something that the Dreamcast has long proven to be ideal for. The game was originally developed for the NEO·GEO but it will officially re-release in its new format next week on February 17th. for Sega Dreamcast™ will be released on 17th February.
NEO XYX features six stages of excellent 2D arcade game play with over 40 unique enemy types and huge fully animated pixel art bosses. If you want to know more you can check out the official release trailer below.
- 6 arcade style designed stages
- Beautiful Toaplan style / Japanese 90tis arcade styled pixel art
- 40+ fully animated pixel art enemies
- 11+ huge fully animated pixel art boss enemies
- 60 fps
- Medal collecting score system
- Dynamic difficulty rank system which kicks in for experienced players
- Original pad
- Arcade stick
The game will also be available in three editions, all of which are available at the developers online store.
- Collector Edition [CE] (limited to 300 units worldwide) – Beautiful DVD slipcase with LE and RE. A T-shirt, two postcards and 4 stickers
- Limited Edition [LE] (limited to 1000 units worldwide) – Game + Soundtrack OST CD
- Regular Edition [RE]
Thank you NEO XYX for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of NEO XYX.