porno

New Intel socket X79 motherboards pictured



/ 6 years ago

The LGA 2011 socket is a new Intel socket set to replace the current 1366 sockets. The processors for this socket are expected to be released and officially launched in Q4 later this year.

Some of the key expectations of this new socket from Intel are that the LGA 2011 boards will come with:

  • Quad channel memory support
  • Sata III controllers integrated into the X79 chipset
  • USB 3.0 support
  • Intel Gigabit ethernet support

Two boards have been publicly displaced so far one from ASUS as seen here:

C1X79 EVO

The other being one from Gigabyte as seen here:

GA-X79A-UD3

What is interesting to note, even from the lower end motherboards is that there is a lot of PCI-E connectivity integrated into the LGA 2011 socket itself. Out of the 5 PCI-E slots on the UD3, four are wired to the LGA 2011 and 1 to the northbridge so what this essentially means is that all boards on this socket will provide at least 2 way SLI and CFX support.

The Quad channel memory is also something new we are yet to see, currently we have triple channel memory.

For the performance enthusiasts there is also apparent support for a 10-way Sata 6GB/s RAID controller with the UD3 whilst the ASUS board was a little more quiet about the features it had to offer.

Attached files

asus2011.jpg (82.3 KB)  gigabyte2011.jpg (166.4 KB) 



  • Eternalchaos

    I have posted alot more boards on the forum —> http://www.eteknix.com/forum/general-hardware/int

  • lucas4

    I can see quad channel being pointless just like triple channel is in most tasks

  • omegadoom13

    This is my first time hearing anything about quad channel memory. Thanks ryanmartin!

  • lucas4

    omegadoom13;18266 wrote: This is my first time hearing anything about quad channel memory. Thanks ryanmartin!

    looking at those pictures, i doubt it will even be used by many users.RAM banks each side of the CPU socket means loads of coolers are gonna be blocked. this is probably the start of the downfall of stupidly tal memory heatsinks lol!

  • Eternalchaos

    lucas4;18299 wrote: looking at those pictures, i doubt it will even be used by many users.RAM banks each side of the CPU socket means loads of coolers are gonna be blocked. this is probably the start of the downfall of stupidly tal memory heatsinks lol!

    Tall heatsinks on ram is stupid they do not need the extra cooling and alot of coolers won't need much redesign

  • lucas4

    Eternalchaos;18314 wrote: Tall heatsinks on ram is stupid they do not need the extra cooling and alot of coolers won't need much redesign

    i do agree that its pointless unless ur an insane OCer. they do make things look nice tho.i love the looks of my dominators, thanks in large to the epic heatsinks.it will be good to see RAM sellers to be forced to redesign their heatsinks with good performance and looks but low profile.G-skill did this well with their G-skill sniper RAM

  • Dean Oldfield

    All them SATA ports :O haha

  • Eternalchaos

    Dean Oldfield;18430 wrote: All them SATA ports :O haha

    yeah X79 has some crazy features:10× SATA 6 Gbps ports with SAS capability4× SATA 3 Gbps portsPCI Express 3.0 ×4 uplink for dedicated storage bandwidth8× PCIe 2.0 lanes14× USB 2.0 ports

  • omegadoom13

    Eternalchaos;18432 wrote: yeah X79 has some crazy features:10× SATA 6 Gbps ports with SAS capability4× SATA 3 Gbps portsPCI Express 3.0 ×4 uplink for dedicated storage bandwidth8× PCIe 2.0 lanes14× USB 2.0 ports

    wow! that's insane!