Nvidia releases 306.23 drivers
Ryan Martin / 252 days ago
Following yesterday’s addition of two brand new graphics cards to the Nvidia GeForce series, Nvidia have updated their drivers to bring support for these plus a whole range of other fixes and optimisations for Nvidia graphics cards.
GeForce 306.23 WHQL is available now for 64bit and 32bit version of Windows XP, Vista and 7. Official support for the GTX 660Ti, GTX 660 and GTX 650 are all added by this new driver package. Support for legacy GPUs from the GeForce 6 series and 7 series has now been removed – if you’re still back there then you need to upgrade folks.
The rest of the patch updates SLI profiles and includes performance boosts for many cards including the GTX 680 and GTX 560.
The full details are as follows:
- Adds support for GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, and GeForce GTX 650.
- Legacy Support Notification: GeForce 6-series and GeForce 7-series GPUs will be moved to legacy support after GeForce R304 drivers. GeForce R310 drivers (the next major family of drivers) will not support these products.
Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 14% inBatman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kingswith SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – added
- Borderlands 2 – added
- Darksiders 2 – added
- End of Nations – added
- F1 2011 – updated
- F1 2012 – added
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated
- Nexuiz – added
- Orcs Must Die! 2 – added
- PlanetSide 2 – updated
- Saints Row: The Third – updated
- Shogun 2: Total War – updated
- Sleeping Dogs – added
- Spec Ops: The Line – added
- The Secret World – updated
- Torchlight II – added
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – added
- Tornado Force – added
- Tribes: Ascend – updated
Other Profile Updates
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.
Get your updated Nvidia drivers here.