OnLive Offers Free Samples of Indie Games
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
OnLive is bringing Indie games to the masses, from today until March 11, users of the streaming game service in the UK and US will be able to sample the 16 Independent Games Festival nominees and honourable mention for free. Trials last thirty minutes, same time as their current setup for demos.
For users not familiar with the service, you can sign up for free at the OnLive website and the games stream to you much like a YouTube video does, so no installs, no downloading, awesome!
After playing a game, you’ll be able to ‘Like’ your favourite titles on OnLive’s Facebook page. It will reveal which game got the most ‘Likes’ and which was the most played on March 12.
The full list of games to sample is as follows:
- Atom Zombie Smasher (Blendo Games)
- Be Good (DigiPen Institute of Technology)
- Botanicula (Amanita Design)
- Dear Esther (The Chinese Room)
- Dustforce (Hitbox Team)
- English Country Tune (Stephen Lavelle)
- Frozen Synapse (Mode 7 Games)
- FTL (Justin Ma and Matthew Davis)
- Lume (State of Play Games)
- Nitronic Rush (DigiPen Institute of Technology)
- Once Upon a Spacetime (RMIT)
- POP (Rob Lach)
- SpaceChem (Zachtronics Industries)
- To the Moon (Freebird Games)
- Toren (Swordtales)
- WAY (CoCo & Co.)