More PC Code Found In GTA V! DX 11, x64, Bloom Effects And More
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Grand Theft Auto V has been leakier than a sieve when it comes to secrets. Not only did the game leak early, including all its cheats, maps, secrets and even bits of the source code. Then some nosy people managed to dig through the data of the game looking for even more secrets, uncovering references to next-gen and PC editions of the game for their troubles.
Rockstar are standing firm, they still deny the PC edition of the game and say it doesn’t exist, regardless of the fact that around half a dozen major global retailers have leaked release dates, box art and now we see even more evidence of PC features found in the code of the PlayStation 3 edition of the game.
Lets put it simple, Rockstar don’t want you to know yet because they want you to buy the console edition, then maybe buy the game again when it comes out on PC / Next-gen.
So what code did Hall9000 find then? Have a look below at these references from the games code.
- 985459 – PC – [PT][PB] Crash – > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
- 614622 – [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
- 632447 – [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
- 496009 – [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
- (no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.
- Base AudioCL#s: Playstation 3 and XBOX: 3772801; PC CL 3773483
DX11 is the first major alarm bell, plus we already know Rockstar ported their last two PC games – Max PAyne 3 and L.A. Noire using DX11 features. Bloom lighting, X64 (support for more than 4GB of memory) and more. So given the rate that these leaks are coming, check out eTeknix tomorrow and we’ll most likely have in game footage that Rockstar can deny.
Thank you WCCFTech for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of ProductReviews.