PC Specialist Lafité Notebook Review
Colin Chambers / 1 year ago
When I found out I’d be reviewing this laptop from PC Specialist I decided to check out their site and do some homework to see what I was getting. Having no hands on experiences with Intel’s new Broadwell chips previous to this meant I finally get a chance to see what all of the Broadwell fuss was out, or perhaps to discover it was just marketing hype. After a while of making the cheapest and most expensive builds possible to curb my curiosity my very own review unit had arrived. Reading the spec list I was given ahead of the arrival, features like “5th Gen i5 Broadwell CPU”, “1080p 13.3″ screen”, “250GB SSD” were all ticking the right boxes to me, but when I seen how remarkably thin the chassis was on the website photos it was then my interest peaked.
The question is though, is it as good as it looks or is it all style and no substance? Let’s get this unboxed and find out!
- Name: PC Specialist Lafité
- Case: PC Specialist Lafité Silver Aluminium Chassis
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM i5 Dual Core Processor i5-5200U (2.20GHz, 2.7GHz Turbo)
- System Memory: 8GB Kingston SODIMM DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
- Main Boot Drive: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
- Graphics card: Intel® HD Graphics 5500
- Battery: Lafité Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (6,300mAh)
- Optical Recovery Media: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
- Optical Drive: None
- Wireless: Gigabit LAN & Wireless Intel® AC-3160 M.2 + Bluetooth
- Screen: 13.3″ Matte Full HD IPS LED (1920 x 1080)
- OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit
- Warranty: 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
- Price: £599 as configured Delivered.
Opening the outer box reveals shows the majority of the notebook inner box is surrounded by extremely strong air padding
Removing the air padding reveals the inner box, it may be plain, but there’s no chance of damage in transit here.
The contents merely a few items, including AC Adapter, SSD Manual and PC Specialist handbook
Up close on the power supply.