RAGE get’s its many issues fixed!
Andy Ruffell / 5 years ago
RAGE, who was released not so long ago, featuring on-the-fly graphics quality changes to maintain a smooth 60fps, encountered quite a few problems, most caused by the latter function.
Fortunately, after a complete ‘outrage’ by the players, a patch has been issued to bring fixes and improvement to the (many) glitches.
The fixes included are the following:
- Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems;
- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers;
- Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash;
- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”;
- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores;
- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled;
- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay;
- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values;
- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam;
- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.
For more informations/details, go to the Steam page regarding the pacth.