Razer Introduces Firefly Mousepad With RGB Lighting
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
LED here, LED there, and LEDs everywhere. That must have been the motto for the meeting where Razer came up with their new gaming mouse pad. It features, yes you guessed it, custom LED lighting.
I’m really torn here. One one hand this is incredibly cool and I don’t know why it hasn’t been done before, on the other hand, it’s almost taking it a step too far.
The Razer Firefly is the first hard gaming mouse mat with Razer’s Chroma lighting feature built-in where it lights up along it left, right and bottom sides. You can sync it with other Chroma enabled Razer devices for virtually limitless color combinations.
The mousepad itself has a micro-textured finish for the balance between control and speed and the reflective surface has been optimized to ensure your mouse movements translate into precise cursor movements.
“The Razer Firefly opens up a new category for the Chroma family,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “We’ve designed the Razer Firefly with the best components for a gaming mouse mat, along with the new, fully-customizable Chroma lighting. No one said you can’t win with style.”
The Razer Firefly has an MSRP of $59.99 USD or €74.99 in Europe. The availability is set for June 2015.
- Micro-textured finish for balanced gameplay
- Optimized surface coating for highly responsive tracking
- Chroma customizable lighting
- Non-slip rubber base
- Razer Synapse enabled (for Chroma customizable lighting)
- Gold-plated, USB connector (to power the Chroma customizable lighting)
- Seven-foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable
- Approximate size: 355 mm / 13.98-in. (Length) x 255 mm / 10.04-in. (Width) x 4 mm / 0.16-in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 380 g / 0.84 lbs
- PC or Mac with a free USB port
- Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of hard disk space
- Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of the product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.