Razer Kraken Pro V2 eSports Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 2 months ago
Razer is one of the leading brands when it comes to PC peripherals, with a following so large and often so loyal some even joke that they’re a cult. This is no bad thing for Razer, and with a huge collection of award-winning products to their name, it’s easy to see how they’ve grown so much over the years. One of the key components in this growth was their popular Kraken headset, and now Razer is back with a new and improved model, the Kraken Pro V2!
Equipped with new larger and more powerful 50mm drivers, a bauxite aluminium frame, thicker padding, a new headband design and more, the Kraken Pro V2 promises to be bigger, better, louder, strong and more comfortable than the original, and that’s the kind of upgrade we love to see!
50mm audio drivers custom-tuned for balanced in-game audio and communications
“The Razer Kraken Pro V2 is outfitted with larger drivers than its predecessor to offer a louder and richer soundstage than ever before. You’ll feel like you’re right at the center of all the gaming action, while ensuring your team’s shotcalls are heard with absolute clarity.”
Unibody aluminum frame for extended durability
“Made of Bauxite aluminum, the entire frame of the Razer Kraken Pro V2 is lightweight, flexible and incredibly durable. It has been tested extensively to withstand the rigors of pro-gaming.”
- Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 118 dB
- Input power: 30 mW (Max)
- Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 56 mm / 2.2 in
- Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft. plus 2 m / 6.6 ft mic splitter adapter cable
- Approx. weight: 322 g / 0.71 lbs
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -38 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional ECM boom
- Analog volume control wheel
- Microphone quick mute toggle
- Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
Audio + microphone usage
- Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
Packaging & Accessories
The box comes with the usual Razer black and green theme, and on the front there’s a stylish image of the headset, showing off the ear cup design, as well as the retractable microphone. The box feels thick and durable too, which should help keep the headset nice and safe in transit.
Around the back, details of the lightweight aluminium frame, 50mm drivers and the in-line remote.
the headset is very nicely packaged, with lots of protective layers keeping it free from damage.
In the box, you’ll find the headset, which comes hard-wired with a long black braided cable. The headset is 3.5mm 4-pole but comes bundled with a Y-split 3-pole jack so it can be easily used on consoles, mobile devices and PC with ease.