Razer Reveal Kraken Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
Razer has recently announced the newest addition to its line of gaming headsets. The Razer Kraken is a virtual 7.1 surround sound headset with digital microphone. According to Razer the Kraken comes with a virtual surround sound engine capable of low-latency audio processing to simulate a 360 degree surround sound experience.
As expected with most new Razer products the device is compatible with Razer’s unified Synapse 2.0 software and has a wide variety of customisations allowing gamers to:
“tweak and specifically position each surround sound channel, boost bass levels and even balance incoming voice audio for astounding aural precision”
The included omni-directional microphone uses a digital optimisation to improve voice quality as well as having a mute button and LED indicator.
Price: U.S. $99.99 / EU €99.99
Availability: Razerzone.com – immediate; Worldwide – Available Now
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz, 1 V/Pa): 112dB
- Output Power: 30 mW
- Drivers: 40 mm, with Neodymium Magnets
- Inner Ear Cup Diameter: 50 mm / 1.97″
- Cable Length: 2m / 6.56 ft braided USB cable
- Approximate Weight: 340 g / 0.75 lbs.
- Connector: Gold plated USB
- Frequency Response: 100Hz – 12,000Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 63 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz, 1 V/Pa): -40 ± 4dB
- Pick-up Pattern: Omnidirectional
Images courtesy of Razer