Red Bull Gridsters races its way to the Goodwood Festival of Speed
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
The competition comes to the 2012 Goodwood Festival of Speed (28 June – 1 July). Gridsters is a new, unique competition format that aims to find who is the fastest, most versatile racing gamer across three different racing titles on two different platforms (Forza Motorsport 4 (XBOX 360), Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) and F1 2011 (PS3)). 16 of the UK’s best gaming talent will be taken from the comfort of their couches to the cauldron of the race track in the Red Bull Gridsters Dome to battle it out over two days of competition at the prestigious Festival of Speed.
The initial selection process involves logging onto redbull.co.uk/gridsters and submitting a video outlining gaming credentials along with submitting gamer tags from either the PSN or XBOX live network. Top spots on the Forza, GT and F1 2011 ranking boards, fastest laps achieved and prizes won in tournaments should be shouted about. 16 finalists will then be selected by a panel of industry experts to head to the Goodwood Festival of Speed to compete for some astonishing prizes, including a trip to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, as well as the accolade of being crowned Red Bull Gridsters champion.
‘Young Guns’ is the theme for this year’s Goodwood Festival and with youngest ever double Formula 1 World Champion, Sebastian Vettel, attending the gamers will be rubbing shoulders with the motor racing glitterati and looking to catch the eye of any team principals who may be overseeing procedures!
Speaking of the new collaboration at the event Festival of Speed founder Lord March said, “It is great that we have this exciting new gaming concept coming to Goodwood this year which ties in perfectly with the Young Guns theme of the Festival. I look forward to seeing some of the best virtual racers competing at the same Festival as some of the greatest racing drivers of all time”
To book your place on the starting grid for Goodwood head to www.redbull.co.uk/gridsters and tell us why you should be there.
- Applications should be made by submitting an application via redbull.co.uk/gridsters outlining gaming credentials, skills, passion and determination
- Gaming tags from the PlayStation Network or the XBOX LIVE network should be submitted within the application
- Entrants must be 16 or over and be UK residents
- Finalists will be chosen by the 19th June
- The Goodwood Festival of Speed will run from the 28th June to the 1st July with the Red Bull Gridsters competiton taking place on Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July
- Tickets for the Goodwood Festival of Speed can be purchased at here