Remember Super Mario 64 Unity? Someone’s Made it Even Better!
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
A few days ago, we brought you news that someone had recreated the first level of Mario 64 in unity, which you can play in your browser! Just three days later and the game is back yet again and it’s better than ever!
Redditor ‘verietygamer’ has been playing with the source code for the game and has released an overhauled version of it.
The new release offers up improved lighting and shadows, HDR, Depth of Field, Edge Shading, Volumetric Clouds, Specular Bump Mapping and improved textures; impressive!
- Improved lighting and shadows
- Dynamic Sky Box/Volumetric clouds
- Ground clutter wind simulation
- HDR + Depth of Field + Edge Shading + other
- Added some fauna (Birds/Butterflies)
- Hi-Res landscape textures
- Specular Bump mapping on most textures
- Trees (Can’t climb)
- Distance landscape
You can download and play the new version right here.
Thank you DSO for providing us with this information.