Samsung introduces new 5 series Chromebook
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
Just in time for holiday giving, Samsung is introducing a Piano Black version of its WiFi-only Series 5 Chromebook. At a price of $349, the updated Series 5 is even more giftable than the original.
Chromebook, based on Google’s Chrome operating system, is designed to provide people a faster, simpler and more secure computing experience. Due to automatic software updates, Google has continued to release new features and improvements on an ongoing basis. These new features coupled with the Samsung design aesthetic creates a technology device that gets better over time, offering the best possible web experience in one device for the internet-enthusiasts in all our lives.
Fans in the New York City-area can test drive the Series 5 Chromebook at the Samsung Experience at Columbus Circle and even borrow one for up to seven days to get a feel for the device.
The new Series 5 Chromebook is available now at BestBuy.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com and NewEgg.com. For a full list of availability call 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit www.samsung.com.
MSRP:$349 – WiFi only
- 0.79-inch thin case designed for comfort and mobility
- Full-size Chrome keyboard
- Oversized multi-touch trackpad
- Intel Dual-core Processor
- 16:10 resolution
- 2.1-inch SuperBright Display – 36% brighter than standard display
- Starts up in less than 10-seconds
- Resumes instantly from standby
- Up to 6 hours battery life
- Webcam, built-in digital microphone and stereo speakers
- Two USB ports capable of charging mobile phones and accessories, connecting digital cameras and media storage devices
- Support for removable media cards (SD, SDHC, MMC) for photos, videos, music and documents