Samsung Launch Business Service – Samsung 360
Chris Smith / 2 years ago
Unfortunately for Samsung, their earnings forecast has seen better days – reportedly putting up a disastrous third-quarter result with the remaining 4th to be lower than originally expected. In better news however, Samsung have launched their new business service, built to butt heads against Apple and IBM’s currently offered programs.
Samsung 360 is built to offer large enterprise customers better mobile features and has been thrown into testing for a global release sometime in 2015.
This new program is set to offer:
- Technical Support & Service Desk: Tier 3 technical support including regular health checks, Samsung Knox license management and container support, enterprise mobility management (EMM) license management and EMM platform services. 12 x 5 or 24 x 7 support is available, with customer portal and remote access support.
- Application Support: Enterprise application developer training, development consultation, application migration and file syncing and sharing services.
- Security Support: Services to secure the enterprise with mobile health checks, mobile architecture, security review, mobile security assessment and mobile security policy assessment.
- Deployment Support: Support for Samsung device provisioning, maintenance and upgrades, maintenance release of EMM platforms, migration to new EMM platforms and EMM upgrades.
- Samsung MobileCare for Enterprise: Extended repair and warranty for Samsung devices
Is this a bid to get Samsung back ahead of the pack? What do you think about the possibilities of Samsung dethroning Apple and IBM in this new market?
Image courtesy of Healthy Debates