Silverstone introduce TJ04 Evolution case at CES
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
Introduced in 2004, the TJ04 has been a main stable of SilverStone’s prestigious Temjin series of tower chassis. Its excellent original design needed only a few minor tweaks and improvements over the years to keep up with the demands of modern PC hardware. An important equation in keeping the TJ04 a popular choice among system builders was its understated and classic styling. So in designing the TJ04-E (Evolution), SilverStone engineers kept the exterior styling largely unchanged while vastly improving the internals.
The power supply is now bottom-mounted with the ability to accommodate up to four 5.25” drives, nine 3.5” hard drives and six SSDs, raising the bar significantly for storage capacity in a mid tower format. In addition to increased storage capacity, the TJ04-E can also install cards up to 17 inches without the need to remove any hard drive cage, a feat usually accomplished in full towers. To make sure the myriad of component can operate effectively, the TJ04-E includes a custom cooling solution to reduce hard drive temperatures and two custom cables with built-in capacitors to facilitate cable management and improve drive stability.
To finish up TJ04-E’s already impressive layout efficiency, design details borrowed from other great SilverStone products such as positive pressure and quick removable filters will enable users to easily maintain consistently high performance for years to come. So it is possible that TJ04-E, like its predecessor, will again be able to outlast many generations of PC builds.
- Positive pressure design for effective dust reduction
- Support eight expansion slots and extra long graphic cards up to 17 inches
- Classically styled 7mm thick aluminum front panel
- Quick access and removal for fan filters
- Smart backside cable routing design
- Motherboard back plate opening for quick CPU cooler assembly
- Support up to nine 3.5” hard drives and multiple 2.5” drive slots
- Built-in innovative hard drive cooler
- Includes two custom SATA cable for improved cable management
Pricing and Availability
The Temjin TJ04B-E will be available from the 24th of January.
The recommended End User price (excl. VAT): 112,90 Euro
Source: Press Release