SilverStone Launches SX500-LG SFX-L Power Supply
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
SFX power supplies have come a long way and don’t have many shortcomings in comparison with their ATX counterparts, except the fan limitation. The 100mm depth of the SFX form factor PSUs limit the fan size to 80mm and the smaller a fan is, the faster it has to spin and thus increasing the overall sound level as well as pitch sounds.
SilverStone has created the SFX-L form factor to combat just this issue. The larger form factor allows for the use of 120mm fans and thus reducing the overall acoustic levels from the PSU as well as allowing for higher performance due to the improved cooling.
A great new standard also needs a great first product. There is no doubt that the SilverStone SX500-LG PSU is such one with its 80 Plus Gold certification, modular flat cables and semi-fanless capability. You even get an ATX adapter bracket to mount it normal form factor cases.
- Silent running 120mm fan with intelligent semi-fanless operation
- Support SFX-L form factor and ATX via included bracket
- High efficiency with 80 PLUS Gold certification
- 100% modular cables
- All cables made with flexible flat arrays
- 500W continuous power output at 40℃ operating temperature rated for 24/7 operation
- Class-leading single +12V rail with 40A
- Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise
- Support dual PCI-E 8/6pin connectors
- Active PFC
We could already report on this new PSU a little while ago, and now it also got a price and release date. The SX500-LG has an $89.11 USD MSRP and should become available on the 28th of January.
Thanks to SilverStone for providing us with this information