Sim City 4.0 Update Available For Download Today
Ryan Martin / 3 years ago
SimCity is due to received update version 4.0 today which brings in a lot of old and new features to the game. In terms of the “old” things, it brings back those things which were taken offline to reduce server strain such as leaderboards. Dynamic global market prices and region filters will also be re-enabled too.
The new additions to the game include a “launch park” available for early adopters and also a new region called Edgewater Bay that has seven new potential city sites. The full change log is as follows:
– New: SimCity Launch Park, an exclusive new park just for our dedicated fans who were early adopters.
– New: Region: Edgewater Bay. Seven city sites in one cluster around a beautiful bay with one great work site.
– New: Your current server will now be shown in the options menu.
– New: More detailed rollover information on buildings telling player’s if their Sims received happiness from a park or from shopping. Previous to this fix, this information was generic.
– Re-Enabled Feature: Global Market prices now dynamically change during gameplay.
– Re-Enabled Feature: Leaderboards will be active on EU West 3, Pacific 1 and Pacific 2 at the release. We will enable them on additional servers throughout the day.
– Re-Enabled Feature: Region filters are now enabled on all SimCity servers. Players will be able to search for open games by Map Name, Sandbox Mode, and Abandoned Cities.
– Rain Clouds: Fixed an issue where some cities would not have rain clouds to replenish their water table. If you had a city with this issue, you will start seeing clouds again within a game day.
– Fire: Improved response time of fire trucks to fires. Improved the time it takes for a fire signal to reach a fire station.
– Mission updates: Tuned Metals HQ and Community College missions. These were appearing too early, making them difficult to complete. They now appear later in a city’s development.
– Solar Farm Great Work: Reduced fire risk at the Solar Farm Great work. Local fire engines were spending too much time at the Solar Farm.
– Messaging: Improved pre-requisite messaging for Trade Port, Casinos, Smelting Factory and Oil Refinery. It should be clearer on how to unlock these buildings.
– Graphics: Fix for flickering low wealth buildings on NVIDIA graphics cards.
– Education: Fix for an issue some cities experienced where commuting students did not return from a neighbor’s city. This was causing a problem where students would disappear from a city in some cases.
– Tuning: Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they don’t have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.
You can check out the full details on the official website, the update will be dished out via Origin today (May 23rd).