Sony To Release PlayStation App On iOS And Android Stores This November
Gabriel Roşu / 3 years ago
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. announced that it will release PlayStationApp, a new application for mobile devices, on November the 13th, 2013 in North America, and on November the 22nd, 2013 in Europe and will be available free of charge.
The PlayStationApp can be downloaded onto various mobile devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android based smartphones and tablets, from the App Store and Google Play. Once installed, these devices can be used as second screens in supported PlayStation4 titles, and users can easily access the PlayStation Network features such as Friend Lists and Trophies. Furthermore, users will be able to exchange messages with members of their Friends List, and browse through news and information on the official PlayStation website. The PlayStationApp comes with a variety of features that allow users to seamlessly access and enjoy the world of PlayStation.
The following features are available on PlayStationApp:
- Directly access various PSN(SM) features and information
- Browse the official PlayStation website and access information
- PS4 Second Screen Feature
- Spectate other PS4 users’ gameplay
- Purchase game content on PlayStationStoreUse a mobile device as a simple remote to control the PS4 system
- Users can access their own profile screen.
- Users can access/compare their own and friends’ Trophy accomplishments.
- Exchange messages between PS4 systems, PlayStation3 (PS3) systems, PlayStationVita (PS Vita) systems, and mobile devices installed with PlayStationApp.
- Access and filter friend profiles.
- Notify users about their friends’ shared activities on “What’s New”.
- Notify PS4 users when they receive any new notifications or game invitations. Users can also display their lists of game items.
Thank you NextPowerUp for providing us with this information