Steinberg Announces UR12 USB Audio Interface
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
Steinberg Media Technologies announced the release of their latest USB 2.0 audio interface, the UR12. It features 192 kHz 24-bit audio quality, class compliant support for the iPad, PCs and Macs alike, input with D-PRE preamplifier, high-impedance line input and line outputs.
On the front, the UR12 has one Neutrik XLR connector for microphones and one high impedance jack input for instruments, each with their separate gain control. There’s only one output volume control that affects both the Phones jack on the front and the line output on the rear, but it has a direct monitor switch for zero-latency monitoring. The rear panel also features one USB 2.0 port and one mini USB port for connecting an optional USB power adapter, a +48 V phantom power switch on channel 1, and power source selector for both USB ports.
The UR12 also has a built-in discrete Class-A analog D-PRE microphone preamplifier by Yamaha and comes bundled with Cubase AI but is compatible with any recording software and comes with drivers for both Mac OS and Windows while also being class compliant for the iPad.
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 1 Class-A D-PRE mic preamp supporting +48 V phantom power
- 1 mic input (XLR) and 1 Hi-Z instrument input (TS), 2 line outputs (RCA)
- 1 headphones output
- Latency-free hardware monitoring of input signal
- Cross-platform compatibility with Windows, OS X and iPad (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/Lightening to USB Camera Adapter)
- USB-powered for mobile recordings with Mac and PC, additional USB mini socket for power source connection when used with the iPad
- Loopback function for internet live broadcasting
- Rugged metal housing
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version
The Steinberg UR12 audio interface will be globally available within the next month at an MSRP of just $119.99.
Thanks to Steinberg for providing us with this information
Image and Video courtesy of Steinberg