Super Flower Leadex Platinum 550W Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
Introduction & Packaging
Super Flower may not be the first name you think of when you think of power supplies, but time and time again they’ve proven they can make some of the best-performing power supplies on the market, but not only that, they also create some of the best looking PSUs, all while maintaining competitive prices. With all that in mind, I’m very excited to see their latest unit, the Leadex Platinum 550W, in the eTeknix office today.
As the name would suggest, this is an 80 Plus Platinum rated unit, that means that the unit won’t be wasting as much of your electricity, or the money you spend on your electricity build, before it gets to your system, saving you a little extra money over the time you use it; certainly no bad thing being a little more economical and green.
Equipped with a fully modular design, all the latest safety features you would expect, high levels of efficiency, a premium quality semi-passive 135mm fan cooling design, and rather uniquely, a set of LED lights in the cable connectors, adding a little extra flair to your system build.
- 100% Full Modular Cabling Design For Easy Cable Management
- 80 PLUS ® Platinum Certified, 90% 92% 89% Efficiency At 20% 50% 100% Rated Load
- Full Range Auto Voltage Detection Design 100V~240V (Active PFC)
- Comply With ATX 12V. V2.2, EPS 12V. V2.91 & SSI EPS 12V. V2.92 Specification
- Comply With Energy Star Standard & EuP (Energy Using Products) Regulation
- Over Voltage Protection / Over Current Protection / Over Power Protection / Short Circuit Protection / Under Voltage Protection / Over Temperature
- Support All Intel/AMD Multi-Core CPU & ATX/BTX Compatible Motherboards
- Support NVIDIA® SLI™ & ATI CrossFireX™ High Performance Graphic Card
- Patented Easy To Use & Install Crystal Clear Cube Connectors with LED
- More than 2,000 times On/Off test
- Unleaded Green Materials with RoHS/WEEE Compliance
- Perfect For Professional & High Performance Gaming System
- Dimensions: 150 x 86 x 165 mm (W x H x D)
- Wattage: 550W
- Fan: 135 mm DBB(automatic control, semi-passive)
- Colour: Black (power supply, fan)
- Fully Modular Design
- Efficiency: max. 92% (115V), 80 Plus Platinum certificate
- Active PFC
- Safety: cTUVus/TUV/CB/CE/FCC/C-Tick/BSMI/RoHS/CCC
- Partcode: SF-550F14MP black (UK)
- 1 x 20+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 1 x 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V
- 3 x 6+2-Pin-PCIe
- 7 x SATA
- 4 x 4-Pin-Molex
- Warranty: 5yr
The packaging is quite understated, giving us a stylish logo and the main spec, but nothing to indicate the design of the PSU.
Around the back, a few close up pictures of the various components, as well as a lot of technical information, such as the Japanese capacitors and the fully modular cabling design.
There’s not exactly a lot of extras in the box, just a few thumb screws and the owner’s manual, but you really don’t need much more anyway.
The cables come neatly packed away in a protective case, which is great for those who don’t need all the cables right now, but you may in the future when you upgrade and they’ll be neatly stored away.
Finally, you’ll also find the mains cable, which is nice and thick, making it durable, and comes with a good length.