TechPowerUp announces new versions of RealTemp and ThrottleStop
Andy Ruffell / 5 years ago
TechPowerUp has today released the latest versions of their utility softwares: RealTemp 3.70 and ThrottleStop 4.0.
RealTemp is a a comprehensive system utility that monitors processor temperatures, logging, and clock speeds. Version 3.70 comes with a lot of important updates compared to the previous version:
- Added support for 6-core Intel “Sandy Bridge-E” processors
- Complete support for “Sandy Bridge” processors
- More reliable power-consumption estimation using VID
- Updated i7 Turbo GT tool letting you monitor multiplier changes with EIST and Turbo Boost playing tug-of-war
- Improved log file formatting
- Visually-better max-temperature reporting through system-tray
RealTemp 3.70 can be downloaded for free here.
ThrottleStop 4.0 on the other hand, is a utility that lets you monitor the CPU clock speed throttling scheme used by your notebook, providing you with options to override or change it. Such a utility comes particularly handy for notebook users facing performance issues even when plugged in and with Windows “high-performance” power scheme selected.
On the application’s main window you’ll be able to tweak you CPU’s power scheme through three different methods on the left panel, while the right panel allows the user to monitor the way in which the OS is throttling the CPU, down to the level of logical CPUs (threads).
ThrottleStop 4.0 is available, once again, freely here.