TechPowerup Release Radeon BIOS editor v1.27
Andy Ruffell / 6 years ago
This one isn’t for the faint hearted.
TechPowerup have released v1.27 of RBE (Radeon BIOS Editor) allowing overclockers to push their cards further than AMD ever intended. The new version adds support for voltage and overdrive manipulation on the 6XXX series cards.
If you’re not familiar with RBE the main features are:
- Can display and change a lot of information strings inside the BIOS file, including Device ID and vendor ID.
- Accesses every PowerPlay state and can change GPU clocks, RAM clocks and voltage for each of them separately.
- Displays the PowerPlay structure of the BIOS.
- Also displays the voltages the card can make use of.
- Can graphically display and modify four different fan controllers in a very comfortable way and automatically figures out which controller is used for a particular BIOS.
- RBE modifies the Overdrive signature of a BIOS to enable a higher overclocking limit. Signatures can also be extracted and saved to a file.
- Will make the annoying spin up bug some cards have vanish.
- Enables superior PowerPlay.
- Contains a profile editor for accessing hidden CCC panel features.
- Acquires and flashes BIOSes all from within RBE using the built-in WinFlash interface.
If you think you have the testicular fortitude required to tweak your graphics card BIOS you can download RBE and check the changelog at http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/