Thermaltake Reveal BlacX Urban Wi-Fi Docking Station
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Thermaltake are well known for their high-end chassis and cooling products, and now they look set to entertain us with a rather handy storage product, the new BlacX Urban Wi-Fi Docking Station. The new dock offers users a complete and easy way to access all files stored on a hard drive, and while it works just like any other hard drive dock, in the sense that you plug your drive into the top, it also comes with Wi-Fi integration, so that the BlacX Urban can provide quick access to your data through your personal Smart Phone or Tablet.
Both iOS and Android devices are supported via the “TtCloud” App which can be downloaded via the the App Store or Google Play Store. The BlacX Urban also supports UPnP for seamless device compatibility to allow you to easily enjoy your home theater experience by streaming your media over your network to supported devices.
Built-in Connection over Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- This allows easy access to your files, and the ability to share your files seamlessly over the BlacX Urban’s Wi-Fi Network.
App Support for iOS and Android Devices
- Rather than wait for your computer to convert and import documents – simply transfer your data to the hard drive by downloading the TtCloud App, which is available at the App Store or Google Play Market.
Enhanced File Management
- The App TtCloud provides wireless portable storage and file sharing for iOS Android devices. Now you can easily share your favorite photos, video clips, music and data with friends on their own devices simultaneously. (Classified in “Photo, Music, Video, My Folder”)
Less Complex, More Handy
- TtCloud helps you stay connected to the Internet while you access and share your content. Imagine the possibilities you will have to store more information, and use the devices you love with this amazing App!
Safe & Secure
- Supports Wi-Fi Security Protection WEP/WPA/WPA2 to make your files and data secure from unauthorized use.
- Supports Wi-Fi Internet tethering by making it easier to access the Internet while you are connected through your Smart Phone or Tablet.
- USB 3.0 for SuperSpeed Transfer
- With the blazing-fast USB 3.0 SuperSpeed data transfer, you can now maximize your transfer rate up to 5.0 Gbps, so get ready to share your data faster!
Having a wi-fi enabled hard drive dock seems like a great idea to me, and I can’t wait to check out how the dock performs, hopefully we’ll have one in for review in the coming weeks.
Thank you Thermaltake for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Thermaltake.