Toshiba Launches USB Flash Drive With Built-In Keypad Encryption
Ashley Allen / 2 years ago
Toshiba has unveiled a new encrypted USB flash drive with a built-in keypad. The Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified, with a military-grade AES 256-bit encryption. As an added security feature, if someone tries to crack the PIN, after 10 attempts all data on the flash drive will be overwritten.
The Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive includes the following specifications:
- Available Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB
- Storage interface: USB 2.0
- Transfer Rate: Up to 27MB per second read. Up to 24MB per second write
- (IP)57 certification for Water and Dust Resistance
- Size: 3″ (L) X .78″ (W) X 0.41″ (H)
- Colour: Black
- Weight: .88 oz
- Environmental: RoHS Compliant
- OS compatibility: Windows 7 or newer, MacOS X 10.6 or newer, Linux and other embedded systems
- Supports Admin and User independent PINs
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
The on-board encryption will cost you, though: the 32GB model is priced at $200.