71% Of European Wireless Internet Traffic Is Done Via WiFi

/ 5 years ago


Despite the coverage of 3G and 4G becoming more important and discussed in Europe apparently WiFi still dominates Wireless Internet Traffic quite significantly. Of all Wireless Internet traffic 71% goes via WiFi meaning only the other 29% goes via other wireless internet alternatives like 3G, 4G, HSPA, GPRS, Edge and so on. The results from the EU Study led the European Commission’s Vice President Neelie Kroes to call for more of the wireless spectrum to be made available for WiFi.

 “WiFi is a huge success. It’s a win for everybody involved. I will make sure the European Commission helps to spread use of WiFi through extra spectrum and lighter regulation,” Kroes said. 

Furthermore she claims that we need a way to let users share WiFi networks on the go so that the internet can be accessed at home or at work by everyone.

Do you prefer WiFi, 4G, 3G or any other Wireless Internet service? Let us know your thoughts

Image courtesy of the WiFi Alliance

Topics: , , , , ,

Support eTeknix.com

By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow. And continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest technology. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!
eTeknix FacebookeTeknix TwittereTeknix Instagram

Check out our Latest Video

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

  • Be Social with eTeknix

  • Poll

    Favourite form factor

    View Results