8Pack Unleashes The Lian Li D888WX Chassis
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Ian Parry is a lot better known by his nickname 8Pack and it isn’t without a reason that he is well known in the tech world. Not only is he one of the best overclockers around, he also uses his knowledge to work with various companies in order to bring overclocking optimized hardware on the market. We’ve seen various things in the past, from heavily overclocked systems to power supplies themselves, but this time he teamed up with Lian Li.
The newly unleashed ATX cube PC chassis is a large one and it is the first ever case developed by 8Pack in conjunction with Lian Li. The new D888WX, as it is called, has a great mix of Lian Li’s signature look, combined with a massive potential for hardware.
There is a heavy focus on liquid cooling support in this chassis, as it would be expected when coming from 8Pack. There is room for no less than six separate radiators with options up to 360mm units. The case allows for fan and radiator mounts on almost any side, allowing you to create an optimal push/pull setup to cool your equipment. It also comes with an integrated dual-pump mount for the situations where one just isn’t enough. Whether that is because you want different coloured liquids or multiple loops for heat reasons, you got the option.
Since the D888WX is made by Lian Li, we get a chassis that is completely made from aluminium and with various rubber grommets for intricate cable management opportunities throughout the chassis. The front panel features four USB 3.0 ports via two headers as well as HD headphone and microphone jacks.
There aren’t many limitations in this case, and the same goes for the external 5.25-inch drive bays of which it has five. Internally you can mount another six 3.5-inch drives. Oversized motherboards that come in the EATX form factor aren’t a problem either and the case features eight expansion slots for your add-in cards.
Long graphics cards and a long power supply doesn’t present any problem for the D888WX either. It supports both with a length of up to 420mm. That should be plenty for anything you can throw at it. Speaking of clearance and should you opt for an air cooled setup, then the case allows for CPU coolers with a height of up to 165mm
Another really nice touch is that the hard drive cages come with included backplane. This allows for much easier installation and better cable management. Overall, a freaking awesome PC chassis.
- MSRP £499.99
- Model: PCD888WX
- Case Type: Full Tower Chassis
- Dimensions: (W) 380mm, (H) 597mm, (D) 511mm
- Colour: Black with Window
- Front bezel Material: Aluminium
- Side Panel: Aluminium
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Net Weight: 12.3kg
- 5.25″ drive bay (External): 5
- 3.5″ drive bay (External): None
- HDD bay: 3.5″ HDD x 6 or 2.5″ HDD x 4
- Expansion Slots: 8
- Motherboard: EATX, ATX, MicroATX
- System Fan (Front): 120mm Fan x 4 (Optional)
- System Fan (Rear): 120mm Fan x 4 (Optional)
- System Fan (Top): 120mm Fan x 6 (Optional)
- System Fan (Bottom): 120mm Fan x 3 (Optional)
- Watercooling Radiator Support: Bottom: Up to 360mm, Front: Up to 480mm, Top: Up to 2 x 360mm, Rear: Up to 360mm + separate 120mm, Dedicated Pump Mount for 2 Pumps
- I/O Ports: USB3.0 x 4, HD Audio
- Maximum Compatibility: VGA Card length: 420mm, PSU length: 420mm, CPU cooler height:165mm
- PSU: ATX(Not Included)
- Gross Weight: 14.6Kg
The brand new 8Pack Lian Li D888WX chassis is available now and naturally it is Overclockers UK that has them in stock. It isn’t the cheapest chassis on the block with its £499.99 price tag, but you also get something amazing.